Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. The topic this week is: Books I Can’t Believe I Read. I picked these books because while I read them from cover to cover, I really should’t have. Sometimes you just need to realize that not all books are for you and it’s alright to put them aside. I kept of soldiering through and all it did was make me dislike these books even more. Ugh!
Have you read any of these books? What were your thoughts on them?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. The topic this week is: Books I Really Liked but Can’t Remember Anything/Much About. I had to refer to Goodreads for this one! I remember the titles and covers but for the life of me can’t say what happened in the story. Then again, I read most of these books years ago when I was obsessed with historical fiction.
Which books have you liked but can’t remember much about?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. The topic this week is: Bookish Resolutions/Goals.
- Post more frequently on the blog. Whether it be reviews, wrap-ups or a meme I really do need to post more consistently.
- Try to read around 100 books. This past year was the first time I failed in that goal in 5 years. Right now, my Goodreads goal is 50 books but that’s just me aiming low.
- Continue to read more diverse books!
- Read more poetry! The past two years have reignited my love for the genre and I really want to explore more of what it has to offer.
- Read more of the books that I have sitting on my shelves instead of buying more. I think many of us have this issue but right now it just makes me feel so sad. Those poor lonely and forgotten about books!
- Finishing constructing my reading nook in our library. I have this amazing plan but haven’t actually put it into action. I did move some book to the area so that’s a start!
- Explore more New Adult books because every book I picked up from the genre last year was so much fun!
- Dedicate sometime each day to read. I haven’t been doing this since last August and I miss that “me time” that I used to have. Reading is so relaxing, a break from everything else I have to worry about during the day and definitely good for dealing with stress and anxiety.
- Try to be more active within the bookish community…participating in Twitter chats, commenting and visiting other blogs, etc.
- Read more in Spanish. I have tons of YA books in Spanish to read in order to practice and improve my vocabulary but I always take the easiest route which is to read in English. I really need to make more of an effort to increase my language skills.
What are some of your bookish resolutions for this year?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. The topic this week is: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2017. I may have not read that many books this year but I did discover some fantastic authors that I look forward to reading more from in 2018.
Have you read any book by these authors? What were your thoughts?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. The topic this week is: Top Ten Books I’m Looking Forward to in 2018. I could have easily made this list with twenty or more books but these are the ones I am beyond excited to read next year!
Which books are you looking forward to in 2018?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. The topic this week is: Top Ten Book I Hope to Receive This Holiday Season. My family celebrates a mixture of Christmas and Chanukah, so I get the best of both worlds with lots of presents and food! 🙂 I usually don’t get books as gifts but if I did these are some of the books that I would love to receive…
Which books are you hoping to receive this holiday season?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. The topic this week is: Top Ten Favorite Books of 2017. Looking at how many books I read this year was quite depressing. Compared to previous years I’ve read 50 less than I usually do, but these books stood out because of their interesting stories, strong characters and how they made me feel. I would totally read them over and over again! ❤
What were your favourite books of 2017? Did any of these make your list?