Thank you to Luna at Bookish Luna for nominating me! Please go take a look at her lovely blog and show it some much deserved love. ❤ I’ve done this award before, but it’s honestly been ages. It’s always a lot of fun to do because the questions always different. Alright, onto the award…
- Thank your nominator and provide a link to their blog
- Answer your nominator’s 11 questions
- Create 11 questions of your own
- Nominate 11 blogs
1. What books have the most sentimental value for you?
I would have to say my boxset of the first three Harry Potter books. My aunt and uncle gave them to me and wrote beautiful messages for me inside of the cover. The messages encouraged me to read and to be myself. It was the first time anyone had gifted books to me so they are super special.
2. What does your dream bookshelf or library look like?
Well, right now I’m in the process of setting up my dream bookshelf. Our house now has a library and a very large portion of it is dedicated to my books. I’ve started to add lights and cushions to it. My goal is for it to be ready by the fall so I can cuddle up and read.
3. Have you had a pet that you gave a bookish name? If not, if you did get a pet what bookish name would you give them?
I’ve named my fish after Harry Potter characters, but the rest of my family has chosen to ignore it. They don’t see the point in naming fish since they all look the same. *shrugs* I tried.
4. Have you ever DNF’ed a book? What book was it and why?
Oh yeah, tons! I hate doing it but sometimes it just has to be done. There are too many books out there and not enough time to read them all. I usually read until the 40% mark to see if I like it. I usually put a book aside if the pacing is extremely slow, I have issues with the characters or the writing style seems off.
5. Do you reread books? Please explain because I am very curious.
Very, very rarely. It has to be a book that I totally loved. I’ll reread books by Jane Austen but that’s really about it.
6. What is your reading routine?
I don’t know if I really have a routine. I usually read at night just before I go to bed. I find it’s a great way to slow down and forget about the stress from the day. Other than that, I read whenever I have the chance.
7. What was the first book you remember reading?
Umm….I don’t really know. I do remember how excited I got about the Harry Potter series. It was the first time that I realized that reading could be fun. Before that, reading was a source of great stress since I struggled with phonics and wasn’t able to read at grade level.
8. What format do you usually read?
I usually read using the Kindle app on my iPad. eBooks are usually cheaper and more accessible. However, nothing beats a physical book!
9. How many books are currently in your TBR?
I currently have 157 books on my Goodreads TBR. I think that’s pretty good because a few months ago it was spiralling out of control at over 1,000. I did a massive purge and found tons of books that I honestly don’t remember adding.
10. What book are you most excited about reading this year?
I’m looking forward to reading:
- The Dark Days Deceit by Alison Goodman
- Nemesis by Kat Ross
- Lions Can Always Learn to Roar by Charlotte Anne Hamilton
1. Do you create a monthly TBR? If so, how closely do you follow it?
2. If you could change any book cover, which one would it be and why?
3. What other social media platforms do you use to talk about books?
4. What is your favourite short story or novella?
5. Do you collect/purchase international editions of books?
6. When was your last reading slump? How did you work through it?
7. Which bookish character do you most closely resemble?
8. Which bookish character annoys you the most and why?
9. There’s a biography being published about your life so far, which author would you like to write it?
10. Pick one: bookish jewelry or clothing?
11. Do you write reviews for books that you DNF? If so, what do you include in the review?