Yay! Another book tag! I wasn’t actually tagged in this one but saw it posted on The Book Cover Girl’s blog and thought I should do it too.
1. Answer the questions below
2. Credit the creator: Jamie @ALittleSliceofJamie
3. Tag at least 5 people
4. Have fun! 🙂
1. Where do you typically write your blog posts?
Usually, it’s at my desk in my bedroom. Sometimes at work when I have a long break and nothing else to work on.
2. How long does it generally take you to write a book review?
It really depends. It’s so easy to write reviews for books that I didn’t like. I can just write on and on. It’s so much harder for books I absolutely adored. I honestly never do the book justice. It basically just me shouting at people to just read it and see. Not very helpful at all!
3. When did you start your book blog?
January 14th, 2016….I can’t believe it’s been 2 years!
4. What is the worst thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
Posting a few times a week. Some weeks I’m full of energy and great ideas. I can just write, write, write. Other times I’m so bogged down with work and other commitments that I just don’t have the time or motivation. Also, my reading isn’t what it used to be. I’ve been going in and out of wanting to read. So, I don’t read as much and lack things to post. But either way, I’m so happy to have this blog. I’ve met some great people and connected with authors/books I don’t think I would have discovered otherwise.
5. What is the best thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
Sharing my love of books with others! Also, discovering books that I don’t think I would have found before. Kat Ross has become one of my favourite authors but her books aren’t mainstream or well known. So…without blogging I probably would have never decided to give them a chance.
6. What blog post have you had the most fun writing so far?
I enjoy all of my blog posts, especially reviews that I had a difficult time writing because I’m so proud of myself for finishing them.
7. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
Tags for sure! I have a love/hate relationship with reviews. Sometimes I really like writing them, especially when the words are flowing and I have so much to say. I used to make mixtapes for books but just haven’t had the time lately. I really want to go back to making those sometime soon!
8. When do you typically write?
I usually write posts on a Sunday afternoon or after work during the week. It all depends on how much I have pre-scheduled and if a special post needs to go up.
9. Do you review every book you read?
No, I always review books I received from the publisher but that’s pretty much it. If I really felt strongly about a book that I purchased then I will write something about it. I do try to post stuff about all of the books I read on Twitter or Goodreads.
10. How do you write your book reviews? With a cup of coffee or tea? With Netflix? Cuddled with your fur baby?
I usually write my reviews at my desk with a cup of coffee listening to a mix of rain or ocean waves. The sounds are so soothing and it makes blogging such an enjoyable and relaxing process.
11. How often do you post?
Hmmm….not as much as I used to or would like to. I try to post at least twice a week but sometimes that just doesn’t happen. Scheduling posts has seriously been a lifesaver!
- Lady Fire Dragon’s Thoughts
- Teaser Addicts Book Blog
- Rustling of Pages
- Ginger Mom and the Kindle Quest
- Shades of Paper