Thank you to Sara at the Bibliophagist for nominating me! Please take some time to visit her lovely blog and give it a follow. ❤
This award was created by Okoto Enigma and “it’s for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Facts About Me:
1. I’m exactly five feet tall and often confused with being a teenager. Normally that wouldn’t bother me, but as a middle school teacher it’s often an issue. Most of my students are taller than me. Guests come into my classroom and say I don’t “stand out” because I just blend in with everyone else. Parents are also always commenting on how young I look and if I’m qualified to teach their children. Ugh! I’m thirty years old and have been teaching for over five years!
2. I’m so proud of the progress I’ve made in learning to speak Spanish. I am now able to have more complex conversations with my husband’s family and it’s been wonderful to get to know them better. When I first started learning I was so scared to speak with others in Spanish because I was afraid of looking bad or making a mistake. I have flashbacks to learning French in school and being told by the teacher to sit-down whenever I made a grammar or pronunciation mistake.
3. My favourite flower is the lamprocapnos spectabilis, otherwise known as the bleeding heart. My mom has always had them in her garden. They fascinate me because they are so rare…well at least in gardens in Southern Ontario. I don’t know of anyone else who had them. Plus, I love the name…it sounds so tragic!
My Best Posts:
Questions from Sara:
1. What’s your favorite mythical creature?
The manticore…a mythical Persian creature that’s similar to a sphinx. This creature has the head of a human, the body of a lion and a tail of a scorpion.
2. What’s your go-to order at a coffee shop?
It’s either a caramel macchiato or a flat white coffee.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I would live in Edinburgh, Scotland. I went to school and taught there for a while and fell madly in love with the city. There’s something magical about its cobbled streets and old historical buildings. Plus, the used bookstores were AMAZING! ❤
4. Sweet, salty, or sour snacks?
I have such a sweet tooth and will always go for that option. I had gestational diabetes during the later part of my pregnancy and really struggled with not being able to have sweet and sugary snacks. It seemed like everywhere I went people were offering me cupcakes, brownies, etc.
5. Would you rather say everything on your mind or never speak again?
Ooh, the first could be very dangerous. Life without a filter would be terrible. However, not being able to speak again. I guess I could write everything in order to communicate or learn sign language. So, I would definitely go with that option.
1. Which book(s) got you hooked on reading?
2. Which novella(s) would you like to see expanded into a full-length book or series?
3. You have to delete a social media account. Which one do you delete and why?
4. What does your name mean? Does it match your personality?
5. What’s the last thing that you do before going to bed?