I found this tag on Chrissi Reads and thought it looked like fun. It was originally created by Bibliobeth. Basically, the idea of the tag is that you share a picture or shelfie of one of your bookshelves and then answer some questions about it.
1. Is there any reason for this shelf being organised the way it is or is it purely random?
It’s completely random. I’ve used to have an organization system but right now I’m in the process of moving my books from my bedroom to the study/library area.
Books on this shelf:
- A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
- Starflight by Melissa Landers
- Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova
- Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh
- The Beast Is an Animal by Peternelle van Arsdale
- Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
2. Tell us a story about one of the books on this shelf that is special to you i.e. how you got it/a memory associated with it, etc.
Kingdom of Ash and Briars was my first physical ARC and I remembered being so surprised when it arrived. It totally did not expect it because I had recently started blogging and didn’t have that many followers. I had sent an email request and then forgot about it. I absolutely adored this book and its mixture of fairytales, romance and magic. It was so much fun to read!
3. Which book from this shelf would you ditch if you were forced to and why?
Hmmmm…probably Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children because it’s been on my shelf forever and I just have no motivation to want to pick it up. I watched the movie and was underwhelmed by it. This book was gift from a student who loved the series. Right now, I don’t even have it on my TBR.
4. Which book from this shelf would you save in an emergency and why?
This is such a difficult question! I love all of my books, but I guess if I had to save one it would be Labyrinth Lost since it has a personalized message from the author inside of it.
5. Which book has been on this shelf for the longest time?
I’m not 100% sure but I think I’ve had Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge the longest.
6. Which book is the newest addition to this shelf?
I received an ARC copy of The Beast Is an Animal by Peternelle van Arsdale in early 2017 as part of a blog tour. My newest purchases are already in the library area.
7. Which book from this shelf are you most excited to read (or re-read if this is a favourites shelf?)
I’ve read almost all of the books on this shelf except for Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and A Madness So Discreet. I’ve heard really good things about A Madness So Discreet and definitely want to finally read it sometime this year.
8. If there is an object on this shelf apart from books, tell us the story behind it.
The objects I have on this shelf are small shells that I picked up on a beach on Geoje, an island I visited with my sister in South Korea. I lived and worked in Korea for two years as an English teacher and miss it a lot. The trip was a lot of fun…we hung out on the beach, ate delicious food, enjoyed the beautiful blue sky and explored some historical sites. One day I hope to visit Korea again. *sighs* Damn you expensive plane tickets!
9. What does this shelf tell us about you as a reader?
That I really enjoy fantasy books? It’s the genre I read the most from and also dominates my other bookshelves.
10. Choose other bloggers to tag or choose a free question you make up yourself.