A big thank you to Destiny at Howling Libraries for tagging me! Please take the time to go check out her lovely blog or follow her on social media ♡
1. Find a book on your shelves or ereader with a blue cover. What made you want to pick up this book?
I wasn’t really a big fan of this book. The cover, with its space theme and ship, along with the synopsis had me thinking it was about one thing while it ended up being about something else. I wanted pirates and more time travel. Instead, it was love triangles, confusing plot twists and insta-love. Nope. Nope. Nope.
2. Think of a book you didn’t expect to enjoy, but did. Why did you read it in the first place?
I randomly received this book in the mail from the publisher. I didn’t think much of it and tossed it aside. Just from the title, cover and the fact that it was for a middle grade audience made me turn my nose up at it. Months later I needed a quick read and decided to pick it up. And boy was I wrong about it! This book was heartbreaking, honest and beautiful.
3. Stand in front of your bookshelf with your eyes closed and pick up a book at random. How did you discover this book?
I discovered this book while browsing on Goodreads. It sounded absolutely magical and I loved the cover. I marked it as “want to read” and thought nothing of it. A few weeks later the author reached out and sent me a copy to review. I had only been blogging for a few months so this was very exciting.
4. Pick a book that someone personally recommended to you. What did you think of it?
My students kept pushing this book on me. Two years later and I finally picked it up. I’ve only recently started to read contemporary YA and every time I do I love it. I don’t even know why I resist it. This book was so cute!
5. Pick a book that you discovered through YouTube/book blogs. Did it live up to the hype?
This book was all over a bunch of accounts I follow on Twitter. I’ve been wanting to branch out into more adult genres and had never read a book labeled as “erotica” before so I gave it a try. And wow! YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK! *fans self* I’ve already downloaded the second book in the series it was so good.
6. Find a book on your shelves or ereader with a one-word title. What drew you to this book?
The cover reminds me of Xena! Honestly, that’s really why I decided to pick it up and luckily it was amazing! Magic, lots of action, political intrigue, romance…so many good things! I need to read the sequel ASAP!
7. What book did you discover through a film/TV adaptation?
OK, so it really wasn’t a TV adaption, but Dan Jones hosted a fantastic historical documentary series about the Plantagenets and when I realized that he wrote a book about this fascinating dynasty I had to read it. The book, like the series, was fast paced, full of detail and totally brought the history to life. I totally recommend it if you are looking for a good non-fiction read!
8. Think of your all-time favorite book(s). When did you read these and why did you pick them up in the first place?
I don’t even remember the first time I read this book. Maybe when I was in high school? I became fascinated with Jane Austen’s novels around that time after taking a classic literature class. I loved them all but Persuasion stuck with me. It’s unlike Austen’s other novels and its subject matter (second chances) really hit home. I’ve perhaps read it a dozen times now.