Thanks so much to Breanna at Pages Bound Together for nominating me to complete the Sunshine Blogger Award! Please be sure to visit her lovely blog ❤ I haven’t done many awards lately. Things have just been so crazy with work that the blog really hasn’t gotten the love and attention that it deserves. So, with a few days off I’m taking full advantage of not having any school related work to complete. Yay for awards! 🙂
1. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator.
2. Nominate 11 blogs.
3. Ask them 11 questions.
1. What’s the book that got you into reading?
The Harry Potter series is what got me excited about reading. Before discovering the first book reading was boring or something I had to do for school. They really changed everything for me!
2. Do you have any pets?
Yes, I have a beagle named Toto. He’s a tiny little monster but I love him so much. With him there’s never a dull moment and I’ve been so happy since he’s come into my life.
3. What is your favourite hobby (besides reading)?
I enjoy running, making music playlists and traveling.
4. If you could explore one country, what would it be?
Ahhh…there are so many countries I still need to visit. I’d say Egypt. I’ve been fascinated with its history since I was really young. I actually wanted to become an Egyptologist when I first entered university. It didn’t end up being for me so I switched my major to history, but my love for all things Egypt hasn’t changed at all.
5. What’s the best thing about blogging?
I’ve met some fantastic people and have learned about a lot of books I probably wouldn’t have known about otherwise. The fact that I can interact with authors has been a huge bonus.
6. What book are you reading right now?
I’ve finally picked up a history book! It’s felt like ages since I’ve read one for fun. Right now, I’m reading The Plantagenets: The Warrior Kings and Queens Who Made England by Dan Jones. Jones is a fantastic TV presenter and historian. I really loved his shows and his enthusiasm has really translated well onto the page.
7. Do you prefer reading the book or watching the movie adaptation first?
I always prefer reading the book first although it often ruins how much I enjoy the movie. The book is always better!! 😛
8. What’s your favourite genre of books?
Fantasy for sure! I also enjoy science fiction and graphic novels.
9. Which fictional world would you choose to live in?
It’s kind of dangerous but I would love to live in Ravka. Leigh Bardugo just created such an interesting and beautiful world.
10. How many languages do you speak?
I speak English, Arabic and I’m currently learning Spanish.
11. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
1. How often do you update your blog?
2. What’s the last book that you bought because of its amazing cover artwork?
3. Favourite historical time period?
4. Most disappointing read so far in 2017?
5. What did you do during your last vacation?
6. Pirates or assassins?
7. A series that you used to love but don’t anymore?
8. What’s the longest book that you own?
9. Which book do you plan on reading next?
10. Unicorns or mermaids?
11. Least favourite genre? Why?
- Purple People Readers
- Ardent Attachments
- Bionic Book Worm
- The Book Corps
- A Thousand Lives
- Galaxy Locks
- That Bibliophilic Cauldron
- The Fictional Reader
- The Royal Polar Bear Reads
- Being a Book Nerd
- Kirsty Chronicles