Thank you to the lovely Beth at Reading Every Night for tagging me! If you haven’t visited her blog before, do it now! She’s one of the nicest people I have met while blogging ❤ So, this tag (as the title suggests) is all about things that make me happy. Believe it or not but I find these types of tags to be really difficult. What does make me happy? Why doe sit make me happy. I’m not good at talking about myself. It makes me feel all awkward but here are some of the things that bring some sunshine into my life…
List Five Things That Make You Happy
- My morning cup (or I should say cups) of coffee. During the week I’ll have it in my classroom before all of my students come. I’m usually at work early to avoid the rush hour traffic and the school is super quiet. On the weekends I’ll sit outside with my cup and watch my dog run around the yard. It’s nice to have those moments of rest before the rest of day sweeps you up in its non-stop march of meetings, classes, emails, etc.
- The feeling that I get when I run makes me beyond happy. I’ve now been running (and enjoying it) for eight months. I can’t even properly explain the relief I feel when I run. It’s as if all of my stress and tension completely disappears. I feel so free!
- Singing along to music in the car always makes me happy. I seriously have the worst singing voice, but with the windows up nobody has to hear me and I can just sing along without a care. It’s especially great after a bad day at work. 🙂
- Friday night date night or dinners with my husband never fail to make me happy. We are both so busy during the week. Friday night is our designated “us” time. We go out for dinner, dancing or to the movies. It’s something I really look forward to each week.
- Putting together music playlists brings me a whole lot of happiness. I like sharing music with others and having been creating them for friends and family since I was in high school. My music tastes are all of the place. I listen to a variety of music, but R&B just isn’t my thing. So, if you have any music suggestions I’d love to hear them!
List Five Songs That Make You Happy
All of these songs, no matter what, always bring a smile to my face! Click on the link to hear the song on YouTube.
- Shape of You by Ed Sheeran (x)
- Laura Palmer by Bastille (x)
- Nowhere With You by Joel Plaskett Emergency (x)
- Love at First Sight by Kylie Minogue (x)
- Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran (x)
- Meghan at Whimsical Explorations & Reviews
- Anna at Reader and Proud
- Jordan at Her Paper Adventure
- Chantal at Disappear into Books