Yay!! Bekka from Pretty Deadly Reviews is hosting a fall round of Bookish Bingo throughout September, October and November. I love doing this because it pushes me to read a variety of books and I really want to get more than 2 bingos this time!
So, the point of Bookish Bingo is to get as many bingos as possible. The more bingos, the more giveaway entries. All types of books (fiction, non-fiction, novellas) count, but you can only have one square per book. Also, for a book to count, it must have been read between September 1st and November 30th.
If you would also like to participate, head over to Pretty Deadly Reviews and leave a comment on the Bookish Bingo post.
- Dragons: Rex by Rita Stradling was the first book I finished this month! Woohoo! I got really excited to see this category because if you want dragons, this book has tons of them!
- Retelling: Spindle by Shonna Slayton had been on my must-read list for a while and getting approved on NetGalley made me very happy. It’s a retelling or you could even say extension of the Sleeping Beauty fairytale.
- Weapon on Cover: I was seriously beyond excited when an ARC of Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco arrived in the mail! I’ve had my eye on the book for a while and have a strange obsession with the Whitechapel murders. The book cover features the main character, Audrey Rose, holding a knife.
- Standalone: For this I read The Universe of Us by Lang Leav. She’s my favourite poet and this book did not disappoint.
- Purple Cover: I branched out and tried something new with Forget Me Always by Sara Wolf. It was…well not my cup of tea. I tried though!
- Animal on Cover: The cover of Sula’s Voyage by Catherine Torres features a young girl sinking in an ocean and surrounded by very adorable drawings of turtles, tiny fish and sharks.