A BIG thank you to Darling Bear Reviews for tagging me. I’m a little slow at actually getting these up. Once I think I did all of the award/tag posts another pops up. But this one is pretty cool and I like the questions Darling Bear came up with. Here we go…
- Create a post to accept your award.
- Answer the questions at the end.
- Nominate 5 – 10 bloggers who you think also deserve this award.
- Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
1. Other than books, which I assume you fangirl over regulary, what do you fangirl over?
There are so many things! Where to start? I’m a huge fan of Bastille. I can’t remember what I ate in a particular day or what I did, but I know all of the lyrics to every song they have ever released. Their music is such a huge release for me and I can really relate to it. I also fangirl over Doctor Who, Firefly and all things Jane Austen. I just can’t get enough of period dramas (thank goodness for the BBC)!
2. (I am just going to steal this question, since I think it is a great question) What book genre got you started in reading?
Fantasy was the genre that turned me into a huge fan of reading. The Kingmaker, Kingbreaker series by Karen Miller hooked me and now fantasy is my go-to genre. I just love magical worlds and the escape that it gives you.
3. Is there any word from a book that a movie pronounced differently? (I tend to have a difference of opinions over how names are pronounced)
Oh, tons and tons. I think I pronounce words incorrectly all of the time. When reading, I pronounced Chaol from the Throne of Glass series multiple different ways. I tried to self correct but my brain was having none of it. Of course, when publicly talking about the books it’s kind of awkward.
4. What fictional world would you like to live in?
I love the world Leigh Bardugo has created for the Grisha/Six of Crows book series. It’s super tough and I probably wouldn’t survive but it’s amazing! My family is from Russia so I love looking at how it’s inspired by Russian folktales and I’ve always been drawn to gritty worlds.
5. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
My favourite thing has been able to collaborate with my friends. Gina and I have known each for a couple years now. We taught together and since she moved schools I don’t see her as much. We also never really talked about books. The blog helps keep us connected. 🙂
1. If you could change the ending to your favourite book or series, what would you change and why?
2. Which book release are you most looking forward to?
3. Does bookish merchandise entice you to pre-order books? Why or why not?
4. Which bands or artists do you listen to when you feel down?
5. How did you come up with the name for your blog?