Thanks to Tasya @ The Literary Huntress for nominating me! Please check out her blog and show her some love ♥️ I haven’t seen this award before. It always makes me so nervous to write about myself. I’m honestly not very exciting at all.
1. Give 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions set by the one who nominated you.
This is always the hardest part, trying to write about myself. Especially since a lot of the awards ask for this. Ok, here’s me trying not to repeat myself.
1. I’m spending the summer in Canada with my family. It’s been a year since I’ve been home and so far it’s been wonderful! 🙂
2. I am obsessed with the TV show Deadliest Catch. Every Tuesday night I HAVE to watch it.
3. I’m going to be teaching 9th grade in the new school year. The past two years I’ve only taught 7th grade.
4. I’m on a NetGalley requesting ban, but I’m happy to say that my enormous list of books for review has now been narrowed down to 4! GO ME!
5. I’m a huge baseball fan. My favourite team is the New York Mets.
6. I really want to visit Egypt one day. Growing up I was obsessed with memorizing the names of the pharaohs and dates of the reign.
7. I collect matryoshka dolls. My family is from Russia and I’ve inherited a lot from my grandparents.
8. I used to play soccer when I was in school. I started out as a defender and then transitioned to the role of a striker when my coach realized I was really quick.
9. I wear contacts because I have difficulty seeing things far away. I hate wearing glasses.
10. I’m only 5 feet tall and I spend a lot of time looking up at people, especially at work where almost all of my students are taller than me! 😛
11. I don’t play a lot of video games, but I still cannot get enough of Skyrim.
Questions from Tasya:
1. Would you rather meet your favorite celebrity or favorite fictional character?
Favourite fictional character for sure. I’m not one to fangirl over actors or whatever.
2. What is the fictional item that you wanted the most?
A Tardis so I can explore my favourite historical periods like ancient Egypt!
3. If you could change a book ending, which book would you change and why?
I would eliminate the flash forward/when they are grown up scene in the final Harry Potter book.
4. Where do you want to live when you grow up?
I always wanted to live in Europe, like Germany or England. Then I went to uni in Scotland, fell madly in love and now want to end up back there one day.
5. Would you rather: watch your otp kill each other or watch one of them kill the other person? *evil laugh*
NOOOOOOOO! That’s horrible. CAN’T DO IT! I WON’T PICK!
6. What animal that scares you the most?
I’m not a big fan of insects and cockroaches scare the hell out of me. Like there is full on screaming and tears. I also don’t like centipedes and spiders.
7. What is your favorite color combination?
Anything involving blue or green.
8. What is your favorite time of the year?
I love the fall when it’s that in between weather: not too hot, but not too cold. And the leaves changing colours and apple cider.
9. Sing or dance?
Dance I guess? I can’t dance, but I wouldn’t wish my singing on anyone. It’s bad, like really, really bad! Hahaha
10. Do you like extreme sports?
Nope. I’m a huge cry baby and I’m also terrified of heights. I’m quite fine staying nice and safe on solid ground.
11. Are you a dog or cat person?
I adore cats, but I own a beagle. I’ve always had dogs growing up. So, I like both 🙂
I’m not going to nominate anyone. I just started my vacation (I’m home in Canada and haven’t visited in over a year) and sadly don’t have the time. Most of my posts are queued, but I’ll be responding to comments a few times a week. At least that’s the plan. Woo summer time!! 🙂