Bekka from Pretty Deadly Reviews is hosting a summer round of Bookish Bingo. So, the point of Bookish Bingo is to get as many bingos as possible. The more bingos, the more giveaway entries. All types of books (fiction, non-fiction, novellas) count, but you can only have one square per book. Also, for a book to count, it must have been read between June 1st and August 31st.
- Historical Setting: 1900s-1950s: For this category I read Iron to Iron by Ryan Graudin. It’s the prequel to Wolf by Wolf and has done little to hold me over until November when the sequel is released.
- 2016 Debut: I’m slowly clearing the long list of books I requested on NetGalley. Woohoo! One of those books was The Du Lac Chronicles by Mary Anne Yarde. It was an interesting piece of historical fiction, but I feel like so much more could have been done with it. I’m on the fence with how I feel about the book.
- Magic: I didn’t realize that Girl in the Shadows by Gwenda Bond was the second book in a series, but lucky for me, it features completely different characters and wasn’t a continuation.
- July Release: Cute romance and super adorable characters! YESSSS! I adored Life After Juliet by Shannon Lee Alexander! ♥️♥️♥️♥️
- PoC MC: Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember was great but I wish it was longer. 160 pages were just not enough!
- F/F Romance: Huntress by Malinda Lo surprised me! I wasn’t sure if I liked it at the beginning, but it just kept on getting better and better.
- Starts with S, U, M, E, or R: For this category I read Mata Hari by Michelle Moran. I’m happy to say it exceeded all of my expectations! LOVED IT! 🙂
Are you participating in Bookish Bingo this summer? Any books to suggest? 🙂