Another day, another book tag. I’m finally catching up! Woohoo…well, at least I think I am. 😯
Thank you to Joey @ Thoughts and Afterthoughts for tagging me. Make sure that you make a stop over at his blog. It’s fantastic!
So, with this tag, you look at the things you did “wrong” or “messed up” involving books. Ok….let’s do this!
1. A Character’s Appearance You Misread or Imagined Differently
I can’t think of a specific character, but if a description is vague I just let my imagination run wild.
2. A Character Name You’ve Been Pronouncing Incorrectly
Chaol from the Throne of Glass series. Seriously, I went through the first 3 books pronouncing it wrong and then felt like a complete idiot when I tried talking about him with my students and realizing I was waaayyy off.
3. An Overused Trope That Is Your Guilty Pleasure
I secretly love reading about two characters (who obviously hate each other) being thrust together and then later falling in love. Oh, the struggle!
4. A Cliched Character Type You Enjoy Viewing on Screen Than Reading About
I loved the Princess Diaries, but totally enjoyed the transformation from “ugly duckling” to beautiful princess in the movie rather than the book.
5. A Word/Phrase You Learned Because of its Use in a Book
I read a lot of Jane Austen (which you probably know from all my fangirling as of late) and just love to throw out random words from the books that we don’t really use in our normal, everyday language anymore. It freaks people out and I love it! 🙂
6. Have You Ever Not Read or Completed a Required Reading Book for School?
I loved the Shakespeare we read in school, but some of the other choices were just not for me. Brave New World? Fifth Business? I would read what I had to answer the questions, but that’s about it.
7. Have You Ever (Or Wanted To) Skipped a Chapter from the POV of a Character You Weren’t Interested In?
Yes…while reading Queen of Shadows I couldn’t be bothered to read the chapters focused on Manon Blackbeak. I know…so many people love her. I’m just not interested.
8. Have You Ever Cancelled Social Plans to Read a Book?
Nope, not for a book. But I am pretty antisocial. I like the idea of “going out” but would rather just stay at home. I’m like a little old lady! Hahaha