Thank you to Poppy @ Poppy’s Best of Books for the tag. I was tag a loooong time ago, but work and being really sick has completely zapped all of my energy. I’m feeling much better now, so it’s tag time!
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
How Rattle the Stars Started:
I had actually wanted to start a book blog for a while, but was terrified to do so, at least on my own. I actually planned on creating a blog with a friend, but the plans just kept on going nowhere. My life revolves around books. Being an English teacher I’m constantly encouraging my students to read books and it’s such an amazing feeling to get excited about books, authors and characters with them. I wanted to share my thoughts with others and this past January finally broke down and created this blog.
Advice To New Bloggers:
I’m pretty much a new blogger still. I’m constantly learning new things, meeting new people and trying to figure out my “style”.
- You just can’t sit still and expect followers to come pouring into your blog. Put yourself out there. Follow other blogs, like and comment on their posts. Participate in Twitter chats. There are some great ones out there and the people from the blogging community are really wonderful. I’m naturally quite shy and this was really difficult for me, but the more I do it, the easier it has become.
- Blogging is meant to be fun! Don’t worry about what other people are posting on their blogs or about their fancy designs. Yeah, I get jealous of the beautiful banners and designs, but I’m making some progress in the Photoshop department. For me, blogging is about sharing your love of books and as long as you are doing what YOU want to do, then who is to say what is right or wrong?
- Jen @ Reader in a Reverie
- Georgie @ Good Book Vibes
- Doven @ The Reading Dove
- Hilary @ Songs Wrote My Story
I’m not going to tag 15 people, but like with any tag, anyone can join in! 🙂