Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. The theme this week is: Today’s topic is … Ten Childhood Characters You’d Love To Revisit As Adults — you could always just pick YA characters you’ve read recently you wouldn’t mind revisiting in 10 years or so.
Ugh! I missed the last TTT, but that’s what I get for not planning ahead! This week I have chosen to focus on ten YA characters I want to check in on in 10 years. Yes, I know it’s only six, but again I’m pressed for time. May is an insane month for grading and getting everything ready for the final days of the school year.
1. Eleanor from Eleanor & Park: Ugh! The ending to this book was so heartbreaking. What happened to Eleanor after the story?
2. Katniss from The Hunger Games Trilogy: Did she ever get over the trauma? Was she happy? I want that to be true, but I have a feeling that what she experienced could never be truly healed and it makes me so sad.
3. Farris from The Broken One: Did she ever find out what really happened to Kelsey the day she was murdered? Did she ever find closure?
4. Elliot & Kai from For Darkness Shows the Stars: This couple warmed my cold little heart. What were their adventures like? The ending of this book was so romantic!
5. Juliette from the Shatter Me series: I found the series just ended abruptly. Boom! Now everyone goes to war. But what impact did the war have on Juliette? Did they even win?
6. Luna from the Harry Potter series: My precious Luna! I bet she continued to be quirky and absolutely fabulous. But I would love to have a book or novella just from her point of view. What did she end up becoming? Did she continue the family business?