Endure by Sara B. Larson
Release date: December 29th, 2015
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult
Publisher: Scholastic Press
At last, Alexa and King Damian are engaged to be married. But their lives are far from safe. The kingdom of Antion is under siege, and Rylan is a prisoner of the enemy. Even worse, Alexa remains at the mercy of the evil Dansiian Rafe, who controls her mind and can force Alexa to kill or harm Damian at any moment. Despite this, Alexa is determined to rescue Rylan, which soon leads her far from Damian and deep into enemy territory.
When she arrives, what awaits her is deadlier than anything she could have ever imagined: an army of black sorcerers and a horrifying plot to destroy the world as Alexa knows it. Will she be able to gather the strength to free herself, protect the love of her life, and save the land? Will there ever be true peace?
Oh my poor little heart! My emotions were all over the place while reading this book. So many feels! I loved this series, its characters and their world. It was a struggle between wanting to reach the final page to find out what happens and not wanting the adventure to end. That said though, this was the perfect way to end the series and by far the strongest of the three books.
How I Felt:
What I Liked:
- It was fast paced and jam-packed with action. I read through it quite quickly because I needed to know what would happen. I became quickly addicted to it. It pained me when I had to put it down. Luckily, I didn’t have many distractions because I was on vacation, but I totally would have called in sick to work to finish this. It was that entertaining.
- Everything gets wrapped up at the end. No lingering questions, half dealt with storylines. All final books in a series should be like this!
- I loved Alexa more and more while reading this book. She’s such a well rounded character. Sometimes in YA the female protagonist becomes exhausting or annoying, but not here! Alexa stays likable throughout the series. Her best trait? She’s insanely loyal to those she loves. She drops everything to try to save Rylan and is willing to give up her life for the good of Antion. Simply put, Alexa is utterly amazing. One of my favourite characters EVER!!
- The epilogue! SO PERFECT! I could’t ask for anything more. It made my heart explode with happiness.
What I Didn’t Like:
- So. Much. Death! OK, it’s not really something that I would change, but why? *sobs* The author didn’t hold back and I understand the that the characters are in the middle of a war. People dying is to be expected, especially when facing a force that is so much stronger. But it just hurt so damn much!
- The love triangle drama resurfaced…again! No!!!! Alexa and Damian are meant to be. Stop trying to mess with it. They seriously have enough problems as it is: trying to save the kingdom, not dying…you know, the important stuff.
I don’t want to say too much because you really need to read this book! Sara Larson has a new series coming out next year and I could’t be more excited. I’m really looking forward to what she will come up with next!