It took us a while, but we finally did it! Seriously, sorry to everyone who has nominated or tagged us these past few weeks. We are slowly catching up, but it’s a crazy busy time of year for teachers: grading, parent meetings, moving classrooms, etc.
A BIG thank you to The Genre Minx for nominating us. We really appreciate it. If you haven’t visited her blog do it now! She reads and reviews a wide variety of books, so there is always something for everyone.
Liebster Award Guidelines:
- Display an image of the award and write about your nomination.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you for this award.
- Answer the 11 questions prepared for you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 awesome bloggers who you think deserve this award, and create 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
- List these guidelines in your blog post.
1. Why did you start blogging?
Gina: I started blogging because I wanted to share the stuff I do and also to connect with other bloggers and authors!
Jacquie: I read all the time and wanted to share the books I loved with others. Plus, it’s something I can do with Gina that’s not related to work or teaching.
2. If you don’t already, would you like to write as a career? If you do write, tell us a little about your career.
Gina: Being a writer has been a “frustrated” dream since a while ago! I would love to do this professionally. Writing a book is something I will really like to do!
Jacquie: I have always written for fun. I don’t think that I have the patience or skill to write professionally.
3. What makes you laugh out loud?
Gina: Basically anything! A good joke , a silly mistake, an “epic fail” from friends! Also…..when I am nervous I start to laugh and giggle!!!!
Jacquie: I laugh a lot when I’m nervous too! Actually, I laugh at almost everything: my dog, the silly things I hear at work, my favourite TV shows….
4. What is your favorite book?
Gina: Well, I have many, I have to say : The Hobbit, Chronicles of Narnia, Red Queen!
Jacquie: Jane Eyre, Six of Crows, Persuasion.
5. What book(s) are you reading now?
Gina: I am currently reading the Throne of Glass series! So amazing! I am really enjoying every single chapter!
Jacquie: I just started The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman and Iron to Iron by Ryan Graudin.
6. What is your favorite form of social media?
Gina: I loooooove Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr but recently I’ve been more into Twitter.
Jacquie: I scroll through Twitter a lot and am usually quite active on Instagram.
7. Who is your favorite author and why?
Gina: I like authors who take the reader to the stage and scenario of the book. I am really picky on that matter, So far I do not have a specific favorite one, but I have to say that Sarah J. Maas’s style really impacts and fascinates me. She is so detailed and at the same time catchy.
Jacquie: Leigh Bardugo is my queen! I love her world building and characters. There’s such a darkness in what she writes, but that makes you appreciate the humour, loyalty and emotions felt by her characters.
8. Electronic books or paper books?
Gina: Paper books are my favorite because they make reading a whole experience. I like to feel the pages and smell them hahaha, but I also like e-books because you can take them everywhere and read at any time…and, they are not heavy !!!!!
Jacquie: I read a mix of both. If I’m traveling then I take my iPad because who wants to lug around a stack of books? However, nothing beats the look and feel of a physical book. I love cover designs and you just can’t truly appreciate all of the work that went into it with a digital copy.
9. If you weren’t blogging right now, what would you be doing?
Gina: Reading or writing a diary maybe.
Jacquie: The work I should be doing. UGH!
10. What is your favorite genre to read? Why?
Gina: I like YA Fantasy. At first, I was reluctant to read this genre but after reading Red Queen, everything changed and now it is all I read!
Jacquie: Fantasy all the way! I also through in some historical fiction as well, although lately my reading list has been dominated by magic. Fantasy is such a fun escape and historical fiction feeds my obsession with history.
11. What’s the title of the next book you plan to begin reading?
Gina: The next book I plan to read is called Endangered by Dani Hoots.
Jacquie: Oh boy! I don’t know. Once I finish the books I’m currently reading I’ll see how I feel and go from there.
All of these blogs are fantastic and beautifully designed. Please make sure you check them out. 🙂
- How often do you work on your blog each week?
- Have you ever written a guest post for another blog? If not, would you like to in the future?
- On average, how many books do you read each month?
- If you could only read 1 book for the rest of your life, which one would you pick? Why?
- What has been your favourite book so far this year?
- Favourite villain?
- Which book release are you most looking forward to?
- Tea or coffee or hot chocolate?
- What’s your favourite beach read?
- What’s your favourite non-book blog/website?
- What’s your all time favourite book cover?