For those of you unfamiliar with OwlCrate, it is a monthly YA subscription box that features a newly released book as well as 3-4 bookish items that are set around a theme. The theme for February was “Sci-Fi Love”. This is what the box contained:
- A Lunar Chronicles tote bag featuring the names of popular couples from the series.
- A wooden TARDIS brooch made by Vector Engraving.
- A paperback version of H.G. Wells’ 1895 novel The Time Machine by Rock Paper Books.
- A hardcover copy of The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry which was also accompanied by a signed bookplate and letter from the author.
I was doubly surprised by receiving two books this month! I have never read The Time Machine and The Love That Split the World sounds really interesting. The cover is also gorgeous!
Uppercase is also a young adult book-of-the-month subscription box. You receive a recently published YA novel and some additional book-related items. This month the box (or cloth bag) contained:
- An exclusive Anne of Green Gables infinity scarf.
- A signed hardcover copy of Starflight by Melissa Landers.
- A Starflight bookmark, quote poster and nail wraps.
Last month Truthwitch and now Starflight?! I nearly squealed with joy!! I have had my eye on this book for a while now and the reviews have been really positive. I’m not sure what I’ll do with the nail wraps, but the Anne of Green Gables scarf is so light and soft…I can’t wait to wear it!